Executive Assistant (Grade 3)
About the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
DIBP is responsible for a diverse portfolio including managing migration, humanitarian and citizenship policy and programmes. It works to keep Australia secure through border management and facilitates travellers to enter Australia on a temporary or permanent basis. DIBP strives to make fair and reasonable decisions for people entering Australia, ensuring compliance with Australia’s immigration laws and integrity in decision-making.
About DIBP in Shanghai
The DIBP Office in Shanghai is one of the Department’s largest visa processing offices. It processes applications from Chinese citizens and others residing in China for the purposes of short term travel to Australia for tourism or business. The office also processes Permanent Migration applications under Partner and Child categories and Citizenship by Descent applications.
The office is staffed by a number of officers posted to Shanghai by DIBP, a small number of expatriate locally engaged staff, and a majority of locally engaged Chinese national staff.
About the position
The position of the Executive Assistant is located within the Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) section of the Australian Consulate-General Shanghai. Applicants must be Chinese nationals
The annual salary for this position commences at CNY 106,124 including 13 month pay. Staff are entitled to twenty working days’ annual leave over a twelve month period in addition to fourteen days’ public holidays and are covered by an additional Injury / Accident insurance as well as the mandatory social insurance and housing fund schemes for Chinese nationals.
The key responsibilities of the Executive Assistant (LE3) include:
- Manage repairs and maintenance of office (building, furniture and equipment)
- Travel booking and car booking; Liaise with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) accountant for travel allowance and acquittals
- Hotel and car booking for visitors to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) Shanghai office
- Book and set up conference room for meetings
- Update shared calendar for DIBP Australia-based staff and inform concerned parties about their movement
- Prepare outgoing diplomatic bags and manage incoming diplomatic bags Assist with organization of office functions
- Assist Office Manager with financial tasks (prepare payment requests, petty cash reimbursement etc).
- Various administrative tasks, including:
- Order stationery (including searching for proper products and purchasing in advance on line)
- Escort maintenance or service providers while necessary
- Support the Chief Migration Officer and Officer Manager in other administrative tasks as required
- Provide administrative support to other Sections on visa application process during peak periods
- Relay urgent case requests to Senior Migration Officers
- Excellent written and oral English language skills and fluency in Mandarin.
- Demonstrated highly developed work planning and organisational skills, both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively and flexibly in a team environment, respond to priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to deliver a high standard of client service.
- High levels of personal integrity and adherence to the Code of Conduct
Your application, written in English, must include:
- a statement of claims for the position separately addressing each of the selection criteria (2 pages maximum);
- curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- contact details for two work-related referees.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be sent to:
Please note that applications submitted via e-mail should be in either Word or PDF format. Please note that only applicants short-listed for interview will receive a reply. If you have not received any communication from the Visa Office within four weeks after the closing date of applications, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications is 9.00 am, Wednesday 21 June 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.