The Visa Office of the Australian Consulate General, Shanghai is seeking applications for the position of Visa Programme Manager (LE6) from suitably qualified candidates.
This position is open to Chinese and Australian nationals only.
The remuneration for the position will be at the LE6.1 salary level of CNY316,788 per annum plus the employer’s social security contributions (where the successful candidates are Australian nationals, they will receive an allowance in lieu of employer’s Chinese social security contributions).
The successful candidates will be expected to undertake the duties described below.
Visa Programme Manager duties include:
- Plan and organise the delivery of outcomes according to agreed standards, deadlines, targets and priorities with a view to continuous improvement and highly effective client service.
- Anticipate workflows and policy challenges and develop solutions in consultation with SMO.
- Provide input and support to senior management on planning, resource management, program delivery and policy issues. Propose and lead implementation of innovative business improvement strategies. Analyse data and customer feedback to assist in strategic planning and program management.
- Undertake risk assessments and contribute to/develop strategies to ensure the continuation of the programme in the event of unforeseen events.
- Determine and regularly evaluate productivity expectations for team members in consultation with the CMO/SMO and Team Leaders.
The successful applicant will meet the following selection criteria:
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills. Excellent numeracy skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate at a high level, including through report writing skills.
- Highly developed liaison skills, including the ability to liaise with senior managers and DIBP's external stakeholders and to provide accurate advice.
- Highly developed ability to exercise good judgement. Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills and appropriate escalation of issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed work planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, implement and manage change. Ability to apply initiative, flexibility and the willingness to promote continuous improvement and actively pursue the implementation of change in the organisation.
People interested in employment in the above position should lodge the following:
- An application in English, outlining the skills, abilities and personal qualities that show they meet each of the above the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages);
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) (maximum 2 pages).
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00 am on Thursday, 26 October 2017