Visa Office, Australian Consulate-General, Shanghai
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Administrative and Visa Service Officer (LE2)
About the Department of Home Affairs (HA)
HA is responsible for a diverse portfolio including managing migration, humanitarian and citizenship policy and programmes. It works to keep Australia secure through border management and facilitates travellers to enter Australia on a temporary or permanent basis. HA strives to make fair and reasonable decisions for people entering Australia, ensuring compliance with Australia’s immigration laws and integrity in decision-making.
About HA in Shanghai (Visa Office)
The Visa Office in Shanghai is one of the Department’s largest visa processing offices. It processes applications from Chinese citizens and others residing in China for the purposes of short term travel to Australia for tourism or business.
The office is staffed by a number of officers posted to Shanghai by HA, a small number of expatriate locally engaged staff, and a majority of locally engaged Chinese national staff.
About the position
The position of the Administrative and Visa Service Officer is located within the Visa section of the Australian Consulate-General Shanghai. Applicants must be Chinese citizens.
Staff engaged by the Australian Consulate General, Shanghai to work in the visa office will be offered a package of employment conditions that includes:
- Flexible working hours within a given bandwidth and core hours;
- Flex leave to be agreed to by the staff’s supervisor;
- Paid overtime (where there is an operational requirement, overtime will be offered to staff);
- Up to fourteen paid public holidays a year that will include a mix of Chinese and Australian public holidays;
- An entitlement of Twenty (20) working days’ annual leave per year accrued on a credit basis; and
- Fifteen (15) days’ personal and carer’s leave credited annually.
The Starting Salary for the advertised position is RMB 82,933 annually (including a thirteenth month). Staff may benefit from annual salary increments and/or a performance bonus depending on achieved performance ratings.
The key responsibilities of the Visa Service Officer (LE2) include:
Visa Officer Duties:
- Provide administrative services to Visa Office clients, both in person, through telephone, general correspondence and email.
- Deal with our Service Delivery Partner to count and load visa applications received.
- Data entry, including registrations of visa applications, financial and file management.
- Scan and allocate visa applications received.
- Receipt applicable visa charges and undertake daily reconciliation.
- Assist with the assessment and grant of visa applications for Australian visas in accordance with Australian legislative and policy framework.
- Assist Family Migration team on providing administrative services.
- Assist in other administrative support duties, such as mail opening, record keeping and file handling, as required.
The successful applicant will meet the following selection criteria:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain high standards of client service.
- High level written and oral English language skills and an ability to act as an interpreter and correspond in both English and Chinese.
- An ability to understand, apply and communicate complex legal and policy directions.
- An ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
- Sound judgement and the ability to cope with a large volume of work while maintaining high standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Capacity to work as a team member.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.
- A tertiary educational qualification is preferred.
Your application, written in English, must include:
- A statement of claims for the position separately addressing each of the selection criteria (2 pages maximum);
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages); and
- Contact details for two work-related referees.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be sent to:
Please note that applications submitted via e-mail should be in either Word or PDF format. Please note that only applicants short-listed for interview will receive a reply. If you have not received any communication from the Visa Office within four weeks after the closing date of applications, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications is 09.00am, 22 January 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.