Medibank Private and other recent data breaches – advice for foreign passport holders
18 November 2022
Medibank Private has advised the Australian Passport Office (APO) that no Australian Travel Document information was compromised in this breach.
Over 1,000 foreign passports were compromised through this cyberattack. Medibank Private is contacting impacted customers directly.
If Medibank Private has advised you that your foreign passport information was compromised, you should contact the government that issued the passport for advice on what to do. This is also the case for all data breaches that impact foreign passport holders.
Medibank impacted customers:
- Contact Medibank’s Mental Health Support line on +611800 644 325 (Medibank international students call +611800 887 283 and ahm international students call +611800 006 745), go to ID Care’s dedicated Medibank and AHM breach response plan(link is external).
- See the Australian Cyber Security Centre's Medibank Private(link is external) alert.
Optus impacted customers:
- Contact Optus customer service directly on +61133 937, or go to their Passport Information(link is external) webpage
- Go to our Frequently Asked Questions on the Optus data breach and passport information
- See the Australian Cyber Security Centre's Optus data breach(link is external) alert.
Medlab impacted customers:
Contact Medlab customer service directly on +611800 433 980, or go to their data breach web page(link is external).